Thursday 6 August 2009

TELEPHONE COMPANY, LICENCE TO PRINT MONEY?




TELEPHONE COMPANY, LICENCE TO PRINT MONEY?

Telephone company licence to print money is getting so close to the truth.
The blog editors winge of the week is telephone company's.
I'll start with the blatant lies - being penny conscious we decided to buy two Pay-as-you-go telephones from Vodaphone - simply because after thorough research their coverage in the U.K. seems best.
Their adverts and literature describes delivery within 48 hours or 2 - 4 days, so after a week decided to ask where my already paid for order was and why the delay.
After trying the suggested helpline number advised by their order confirmation "E"mail I was passed from person to person who finally told me after 1/2 an hour (high rate phone number costs) that I should not have come through to them in the first place. Frustrated and exasperated I sent them an "E" mail to their Help address.
The "E" mail returned very quickly, obviously automated telling me they would answer me (remember this may not still solve my problem) in five working days - what the ?
What I would like to know is why these company's get away with such blatant lies and dragging their feet with orders - I was sure the government brought in legislation to stop this nonsense of taking monies before dispatch of goods. Put on top of this the ridiculous amount phone charges and rentals put in their accounts from us all, and they cannot afford to have more staff to answer phones.
My own little rant about phones is this;
we have telephones with everything from sat nav to internet and beyond yet the most obvious is being ignored deliberately -
more and more phone calls we receive daily are from hard-sell merchants who want us to buy anything from the kitchen sink to double glazing not to mention these "out of the country" con merchants from, to quote; BT - "We have no control over them" - and since we now have such clever technology, why oh! why do we not have the simple technology on our phone to ban these cold-callers. Some of the telephone company's charge you monies and other do it for you - this is a disgrace, it's not brain surgery to press a button or have a facility on our home phones to do it there and then - it can take a certain phone company weeks to action your complaints.
Hopefully by the time we print next weeks rant I will have my Vodaphone Pay-as-you-go phones and just maybe someone from a telephone company will bring out a home phone which can ban cold-callers - if they do they can count me and everyone I know as definite customers.

No comments: