Wednesday 2 June 2010

MSP COMMENTS ON HUNTERSTON APPLICATION



MSP COMMENTS ON HUNTERSTON APPLICATION

Commenting on Ayrshire Power's application for a coal fired power station to be built at Hunterston SNP MSP for Cunninghame North Kenneth Gibson who represents the Hunterston area said:

"I am completely opposed to the proposal to build a coal-fired power station at Hunterston. I will formally object to it and I encourage others to object too . I have already made my views known to Scottish Ministers.

"Such a development is neither wanted, nor needed. Indeed, when I last met Mr Muir Miller, Project Director, Ayrshire Power Ltd (APL) on 15 March he conceded that any electricity produced would be for 'export' to England.

"The environmental consequences of APL's proposal would be extremely negative.

"It is disappointing that APL will not hold public meetings on the issue, contrary to what I was advised by Mr Miller. Clearly the company is aware of the strength of local feeling against this unnecessary project."

No comments: