Wednesday 10 February 2010

MHANGOS WIN JUDICIAL REVIEW



MHANGOS WIN JUDICIAL REVIEW

HOME OFFICE SHOULD DROP MHANGO DEPORTATION

    SNP MSP Anne McLaughlin has welcomed the successful court hearing in the case of Florence and Precious Mhango, a 10 year old girl living in Cranhill who is currently facing deportation. Today's decision means the case will go forward for a full judicial review hearing.

    The renewal application was heard today and they succeeded in their application. Full permission has now been granted to proceed to a full hearing. The full text of the judge's findings will be given within a week.

    Glasgow MSP Anne McLaughlin who has supported the two said:

    "I am relieved and delighted with the outcome of this renewal hearing. They will now proceed to a full hearing and I am confident they can win that.

    "However I would now appeal in the strongest terms to the Home Secretary, Alan Johnson and ask him not to put them through that. T

    "They've been through enough and I would encourage everyone to write to Alan Johnson and ask him to recognise this ruling today and grant them leave to remain. Precious is 10, she's been here nearly 7 years, she's one of us and I don't believe it's asking too much to let her stay here where she belongs.

    "We owe a debt of gratitude to Florence's Advocate Paul Chen and the Barrister, Nicholas O'Brien who represented them in court today.

    "Florence and Precious are also extremely grateful to the thousands of ordinary people who've supported them in their struggle."

    "Earlier I spoke to Precious and I asked her how she was. She asked me if I could pass on a message to their supporters which was "I'm so happy and grateful for the people who were helping me."

No comments: