Sunday 14 February 2010

SNP COLLEAGUES PAY TRIBUTE TO COUNCILLOR JOHN LAW



SNP COLLEAGUES PAY TRIBUTE TO COUNCILLOR JOHN LAW

With deep sadness, the Scottish National Party announces that Perth & Kinross Councillor for Strathallan Ward, John Law passed away suddenly on Saturday.

SNP MSP for Perth Roseanna Cunningham paid tribute saying:

“I am in shock at hearing this very sad news. I have known John personally for years and I will miss him deeply. He was my first election agent when I stood for the party in 1992 and instrumental in every election in the area.

“He was a fantastic councillor and will be sorely missed by everyone in party, in the council and in his ward. My thoughts are with his wife Janet, his daughter Anna and his family.”

Close friend Annabelle Ewing said:

“John was a lifelong SNP member, known and loved throughout the party. He took great pride in his country and great pride in representing the people of Strathallan.

“A dedicated councillor and fantastic friend. I will miss him everyday”.

MP for Perth and North Perthsire Pete Wishart spoke of sadness felt throughout the country:

“John was a stalwart of the party both in Perthshire and nationally.

“Loved by all, we are devastated and shocked by this tremendous loss. Our hearts go out to his family at this difficult time.”


No comments: